- To understand how to do vehicle safety checks and their importance.
- To understand how to identify safety technology fitted to a vehicle, how it works and the benefits.
- To develop forward planning, awareness and risk management skills.
- To develop vehicle balance and handling skills.
Duration: Half Day (3 Hours) or Full Day (7 hours).
Equipment to be provided by Client: a suitable, legal & roadworthy vehicle for training.
- Course introduction, licence and eyesight check.
- Vehicle safety checks.
- Initial drive to assess driving ability.
- Debrief on initial drive and introduce areas to be developed.
- Identify safety technology fitted to the vehicle and understand their advantages and disadvantages.
- Demonstration drive covering the areas identified.
- If possible and safe to do so, demonstrate the safety technology fitted to the vehicle.
- Advanced diver training session covering all road types, bay and parallel parking.
- Debrief and report completion
Participants must bring their driving licence with them as this will be checked by the trainer at the beginning of the course.
Note: Since 8 June 2015, the paper counterpart to the photocard driving licence in England, Scotland & Wales is no longer needed. This does not affect photocard licences issued by DVA in Northern Ireland.
1:1, 2:1 or 3:1*
To be mutually agreed
* Full Day required