The SAFED (Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving) course was originally designed for the Department for Transport in order to help goods vehicle operators to save money on fuel consumption and maintenance costs. The SAFED Van Driver Training course is recognised by many fleet insurance companies as the keystone of the Van Best Practice programme.
- 5-20% improved fuel efficiency mpg
- Insurance cost reductions
- Reduced down-time due to incidents
- Improved occupational health & safety
- Enhanced professional & corporate image
- Reduction in maintenance costs
- Average 60% reduction in driver faults
Our professional Fleet Registered Approved Driving Instructors are specialists in working with drivers of a variety of vehicles. Using coaching techniques, we help your drivers to be more efficient with their vans, safer on the road and present a professional image to other road users and the public in general.
Any driver whose duties include driving category B vans (any van below 3.5 tonnes Gross Vehicle Weight) as part of their work.
Successful delegates will be able to:
- Understand the legislative framework for professional van driving
- Assess the suitability and safety of the vehicle
- Reduce personal and third party injury through speed awareness
- Understand and implement simple fuel efficiency techniques
- Assess safe loads and understand the loaded vehicle’s dynamics
- Understand parking regulations
- Manoeuvre the vehicle in a variety of situations
All training carried out at a ratio of 1 or 2 delegates/trainer.
- 1 day for 2 drivers of 3+ seat vans
- ½ Day for individual drivers of 2 seat vans
We will come to your workplace to undertake the training, using your vehicles on the roads that your drivers will be expected to drive on.
Costs for the course will vary depending upon venue, delegate numbers and equipment requirements. Please contact us for a quotation.