Course Aims & Objectives
To reduce or eliminate the risk of an incident occurring when driving a vehicle in the UK as well as highlighting UK traffic law. This course has been designed to address the needs of the growing number of drivers on the road unaccustomed to driving in the UK. On completion of the course delegates will be better able to avoid an accident and navigate safely and confidently following this familiarisation training.
Duration: 3 ½ Hours
Equipment to be provided by Client: a suitable, legal & roadworthy vehicle for training.
Equipment to be provided by SDTS: Duel controlled car if required (at additional fee).
- The laws governing driving on British roads
- Road signs and markings
- Pedestrian crossings
- Signals at roundabouts and crossings
- Driving a manual car (stick shift)
- Negotiating box junctions and traffic light crossings
- Motorway driving
- General defensive driving principles and techniques
- The basic principles of driving on British roads
- Overview of the ‘Highway Code’
- Applying for a UK licence
Participants must bring their driving licence with them as this will be checked by the trainer at the beginning of the course.
Note: Since 8 June 2015, the paper counterpart to the photocard driving licence in England, Scotland & Wales is no longer needed. This does not affect photocard licences issued by DVA in Northern Ireland.
Participants: One to One.
Venue: To be mutually agreed.